Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Stance Poster Project Reflection



Version 1




Final Version



Reflection Questions
Do you believe your stance clear within your poster? Defend your answer- image, fonts, color, composition, etc.
I believe that my stance is clear within my poster. I used images associating with the Nike company and how thousands of factory workers overseas are getting paid much less compare to how much the overall company earns. My stance also isn't only targeting Nike company itself, but it can also relate to the many other large corporations out there that have low wages for their workers. I also believe that the different fonts I used stand out. 

From your initial thumbnail sketches to your hand drawn draft- Do you feel you were successful in re-creating your poster idea digitally? If not, do you like the new visual outcome? 
I believe from my initial sketch that I did not recreate my poster digitally. I think the new visual  looks pretty nice with the different usage of colors compare to my simple sketch with no color and plain font. I also like the positioning of the text compared to the first version. 

What were the changes you made from your first version to the last version of the poster? Explain why you made those changes?
As mentioned before, the usage of different fonts on the final version is very much different compare to the first version. The first version only used the simple font on Adobe Illustrator, while the final incorporates a Nike font and merging images with words to create a completely new font. This was so that my text could pop and stand out more. I also switched the position of the texts by making boxes and having Nike as the center. I wanted the audience to focus on Nike as a focal point of my poster. I also made the fonts in a diagonal in the new version so that the words still focus on Nike. I also added a finger and actual check in the poster to clarify the meaning of my message since just a Nike swoosh symbol was unclear in the original version.

Looking over your rubric, which category do you think your project is strongest? Explain why. Which category do you feel the least confident? Explain why. 
I feel like my strongest category is concept. I actually like my message "Only Nike gets a check" cause of the double meaning behind it. The company logo is a swoosh and Nike does gain more revenue compare to the total amount of money they pay workers working in factories overseas. My least confident category is probably design. I feel like the background used on the poster could be better. But I really like the idea of using brands that Nike owns like Jordan and Converse. The font of "get" might be hard to read as well which also concerns me. 

What was the most challenging aspect of the project, conceptually?
The most challenging part of the project was first think about a stance to do my poster project on. At first, I was confused on what kind of problems could relate from Basketball. I then figured out about factories workers who manufacture Nike shoes have very minimal salary compare the the average revenue that Nike gains each year. I also found out that the situation was worst for Nike back then and that ultimately drove me to choose my concept. 

What was most challenging about the project, technically?
Using Adobe Illustrator itself was challenging since I feel like it is much more challenging compare to Photoshop. We spent many lessons learning its functions and the amount of editing options on the system is pretty overwhelming. 

1 comment:

  1. Your message about nike is very unique and moving. You are enlightening a lot of people about the corruption in Nike.

    ReplyDelete