Monday, January 11, 2016

What's my stance on Social Media?

 Nowadays it is really hard to avoid talk of social media since everyone can have easier ascess to the internet. I personally occasionally would go on Facebook and look at my newsfeed about political issues, sports, friend posts, etc. I never would comment on a Facebook post unless I personally know the person. I usually am the type of person to read comments and observe how people are interacting when it comes to a certain topic and the fact that it is being posted online. What concerns me the most about social media is that over time, people would soon rely on everything that is being posted on Facebook rather than other reliable sources like magazines and newspapers. I feel that the internet will have a greater impact on humanity in the future and kind of scared how people can post anything on social media without others knowing their true identity. That is one of my greatest worries about social media and how sometimes it can lead people in a false direction.

Link on how Facebook changes our lives
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/02/02/facebook-turns-10-cultural-impact/5063979/

Another topic that I've read on Facebook was about the terrorist group ISIS. There have been many news about ISIS, especially after the recent terrorist attack on Paris.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/12/europe/turkey-istanbul-explosion/

No comments:

Post a Comment