Monday, December 21, 2015

Ball is Life

1. My self symbol concept is the idea that basketball, or sports in general, makes me a happy person. I arrived at this idea during the brainstorming process. I wanted to do a gif that would be unique to me and showed my personality and what I enjoy to do. When I first moved to New York, I always used to watch anime such as Naruto to pass my time. However, I soon figured that although anime is cool, it never made me truly happy. As I started to get use to New York, I would venture out a lot to play basketball with my friends and through that process, I soon felt happiness and enjoyment through the sport. My image enhace my concept because in the gif, the eyes turns to the sharingan, which is from the anime Naruto. However, I am still not smiling with the sharingan as my eyes. As the eyes slowly turns to a basketball, the smile changes, and the face becomes fully happy with a rotational basketball, to show my love for the sport. Also, the background is a basketball court, and I have my favorite basketball team, the Miami Heat flying in to farther show my interest in basketball.


3. My gif has evolve from its original idea in that during the drafting process, I wanted to just show a sharingan spinning then slowly turn to a basketball. Over time, I added the idea of a smile, to show my emotional change through watching anime and then playing basketball. I had to use the eliptical marque tool to shape the smile and make it a more natural change. I originally was unsure of a background, but eventually added the basketball court. Then, I realized that there was space for my favorite team, the Miami Heat to zoom in and make my day. Making the sharingan and basketball spin was indeed hard since both had to be precisely rotated at the right angle with the right opacity to make the transaction look smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment