Sunday, November 22, 2015

Pokeon : Gotta Catch 'em All!


1.  My concept behind the portrait transformation is the idea of combining anime and a person. The show I chose to based my image on is Pokemon, one of my favorite childhood cartoon. I wanted to alter the image so that a person could look like a pokemon trainer. As a child, I sometimes wished for Pokemon to be real, and this portrait transformation allowed me to recreate my childhood wishes into a cool image. 

3. Overall, I am happy with the results of my transformation. The filter came out really clean and it actually helps depict the background image of a cave since the filter was darker.

5. First for the background, I used the magnetic lasso tool to crop out the original pokemon trainer Red, since I wanted to put Keon in his place. Then, I would used the same tool on Keon and copy and paste Keon in the background as a new layer. I had to adjust the size so that Keon would fit. Then, I used the eraser tool and spot healing tool to make Keon clean and spotless. For the next layer, I added a trainer hat to put on Keon, since the original trainer Red also had a hat. Then I had to make a mask on Keon's layer, because I wanted to erase the phone in his hand. Using the mask, I was able to erase Keon's phone, and added a Pokedex used by Pokemon trainers in his hand. This was also a new layer that was underneath Keon's layer for it to show through the mask. For my final layer, I added pokeballs to each corners of the image(because you gotta catch them all). I used the clone stamp tool on the original Pokeball and cloned 3 additionl Pokeballs in each corner. Finally, I chose a dark filter using the curves in Photoshop because the background was a cave, and thus I wanted the image to be darker. The final end product came out perfect in my opinion. 









Finished Project:                            

Original Photos:    
   



8 comments:

  1. Why did you choose to use Keon in your image rather than yourself? if your concept had to do with you imagining that pokemon were real, then why not put yourself in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't choose myself because the title wouldn't have been catchy. lol

      Delete
  2. I really like how you put him in there, maybe you could have also photoshopped you and Keon on each side and fighting each other with your pokeballs. So it's like you are both trainers :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol "Pokeballs" nice idea Wendy, I'll keep that in mind.

      Delete
  3. what made you choose this picture? What do you like about it????

    What attracts you to pokemon as a show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The background was a good image to blend a person into. Red is my favorite pokemon trainer as a kid. I guess I was just naturally attracted to Pokemon lol

      Delete
  4. I really liked how you placed Keon in a cartoon world. I also how you placed a hat on his head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you replaced ash with Keon, but then you could have made him pose a certain way to get his hand on his hat. But overall, good job.

    ReplyDelete