Thursday, October 15, 2015

Letter Project Reflection


  •  At first, I was brainstorming ideas for the letter I was assigned which was U. I came up with many sketches like a magnet, apple, plant in a pot, and even a water fountain. With so many sketches, I was hard for me to decide which one to draw for the project. The peer feedback really helped and I ultimately decided to use my magnet sketch for the letter project. It looked the most appealing to me out of my sketches and the concept of magnetism is pretty cool.

  • As I mentioned before, I chose the magnet to represent my letter U and used only color pencils for color and texture of the magnet. These are the two drafts I drew. One problem was how I needed to make my drafts bigger to better prepare myself for the final.


  • The most challenging aspect of this project for me was the sizing of the magnet. I wanted to make everything symmetrical and I even tried to incorporate a 3D design for the magnet. I never attempted this on such a large scale so it was pretty challenging.
  • Overall, I am pretty satsify with my project. Even though I had trouble picking the right colors to use and scalling the magnet, the end result looks pretty good to me. I think I convey the idea of electromagnetism well. The U.F.O. is there to represent my interest of the universe and it even starts with "u" which is cool. 
  • One thing I would consider changing is coloring the left side of the magnet more with light blue because to some people it looks incomplete with the empty space. I originally only wanted color around the lighting bolts only but I think shading more woud not hurt the overall image. 



No comments:

Post a Comment